microfilm: begin page 796
Saturday, April 29, 1939 (continued)
(2) East of G 2240
[East of the mastaba.] Searching for the head of the statue we found, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Head not yet found.
(3) North and east of G 2240
In exposing the lining on north and east, drift sand, limestone debris and rubble. Exposed the lining on north, but not yet on east.
Sunday, April 30, 1939
(1) East of G 2061 and shafts A, B, C
(2) G 2061a and shaft A
(3) G 2233 A-G
(4) G 2243 and room a
(5) G 2243a
(6) G 2244 and room a
(7) G 2245
(1) G 2061
East of that mastaba in exposing the lining of G 2061a. Exposed that mastaba.
G 2061 A: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with rubble and rock cut below. It is south of B. Total depth 2.45 meters, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on north cut in rock. Roofed with slabs. No blocking. It is underneath the shaft and the chamber of B. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2061 B: In shaft and chamber. It is lined rubble above the roof of chamber A. It is north of A and east of C. Total depth 1.85 meters, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on south built of rubble and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2061 C: In shaft. Lined with rubble to the rock. It is west of B. Total depth 1.35 meters, limestone debris, rubble and red debris. Chamber on west blocked with rubble with traces of mud, left for photo.
(2) G 2061a
A stone mastaba, (small and partly destroyed). It is south of the southern doorjamb of room a, or east of room a. With one shaft lettered A.
G 2061a A: In shaft. Lined above with rubble and rock cut below. In middle of the mastaba. Total depth 1.25 meters, red debris, limestone debris and pebble. Chamber on east blocked with rubble bound with traces of mud, left for photo.
microfilm: end page 796
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 04/29/1939; 04/30/1939
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)