microfilm: begin page 799
Sunday, April 30, 1939 (continued)
(6) G 2244
On top of mastaba. In exposing the lining and the shafts, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Exposed all the lining of the mastaba. It is south of G 2243, and east of G 2239 and G 2239c. Contains four shafts A-D, and also exposed room a.
G 2244 a: uninscribed stone room, east of shafts A, B. On west is an uninscribed stela and south of that stela is two stones removed from place perhaps from the place of another stela, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Door opened to south. Cleared on a mud floor above the rock.
(7) G 2245
On top of the mastaba in exposing the lining and shafts, sand, limestone debris, rubble and pebble. The mastaba was built of stones, but wholly destroyed on north, south and west. Only one course on east. It is south of G 2244 and east of G 2239. With two shafts, A and B, also south of these shafts we exposed a stone lining (perhaps the lining of a destroyed room, because on west we found a small weathered part of a stela (uninscribed). Cleared.
Drawing of G 2244, G 2245.
microfilm: end page 799
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)