*The original, paper version of this page in “Appendix L: Cemetery G 2000: Part 1: G 2001–G 2087” can be found in archival box L11 in the Egyptian Section archives of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Documentation-Unpublished manuscripts
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- about 1934—1942
- Mentioned on page
- Geref (in G 2011)
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Son ([sA=f mr] his beloved son) of Ankh-haf. Limestone offering stone (MFA 06.1880 + 36-3-66) probably inscribed for Geref and dedicated by Ankh-haf: [anxHaf Dd(=f) jr.n(=j) n sA mrjj Hmwtj grf] Ankhhaf, (he) says: (I) made (it) for my beloved son, the craftsman Geref; Geref identified as [Hmwtj xntj-S] craftsman, palace attendant; found in G 2011. Limestone niche stela (in form of tomb facade) (Cairo JE 38673) dedicated by Ankh-haf to his children: [jr.n(=j) n ... msw] (I) made (it) for my ... children; Geref appears in inner left niche; Geref also seems to be name in paint in actual door niche in center; found in G 2011.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2428, G 2011, G 2378, G 2420, G 2409
Description: Fragments of relief and inscriptions: top row: [G 2428 Y] 36-10-3 (fragment of limestone false door of [GLYPHS] Khuit), [G 2011 D] 36-3-66 (fragment of limestone offering basin, probably part of MFA 06.1880), [N of G 2378] 36-5-69a (fragment of relief), [G 2420 a] 36-5-28 (fragment of relief); bottom row: [top of G 2409] 36-4-71 (fragment of compartment offering list), [top of G 2409] 36-5-25 (fragment of inscription)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)