Harvard Camp, fragments of statuary, ceramics, etc. in courtyard, including two large portions of Menkaure colossal statue (MFA 09.204), looking SE
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- People & places: Site: Giza; View: Giza, Harvard Camp
- VERIFIED: bibliographic references verified
- Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Reis)
- Type Photographer
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1908–1926. In his "A History of the Giza Necropolis I," George A Reisner described Said Ahmed Said as "the most gifted foreman who ever worked for the expedition." Father of Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Head Reis 1936–1939), Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator), Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)