Harvard Camp: Group of workmen with Museum of Fine Arts, Boston President George H. Edgell and George Reisner, looking E. Three rows of workmen: back row in dark galabeas, middle row standing in white galabeas with Reisner and Edgell at right; front row seated on ground. Back row: Only four people identified: fourth from left (in picture, not proper left): Mubarek Mohamed (ghafir in west); fifth from left: Ahmed el-Neger; seventh from left: Abdullah Abu Gebel (ghafir); eighth from left: Yasin (storekeeper, magazines). Middle row: 1: Abdel Salam Abdel Latif (helped the cook Salem with groceries); 2: Atito (safragi/servant); 3: Dahi el-Batlan (irons clothes for the ladies); 4: Bashir el-Adjemi; 5: Mahmud Said Ahmed Diraz; 6: Salem (cook); 7: Mohamed Said Ahmed Diraz; 8: George Reisner; 9: George Harold Edgell. Front row: 1: Mohamed Salem (son of Salem the cook); 2: boy: El Sayeh “the tourist” (youngest son of Said Ahmed, born 1924); 3: Mustapha Abu-el-Hamd (photographer); 4: small boy; 6: Saman; 7: Said Halabi (carpenter)
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- People & places: Site: Giza
- Date of original capture changed from 02/26/1938 to 02/25/1938 based on details recorded in Expedition Diary entries.
- individual identifications based on comparison with A7924
- Mohammedani Ibrahim
- Site Name Giza
- Site Name Other Region
- Type Photographer
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Expedition photographer.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)