Fragments of three alabaster statues: fragments top left: [N of G 4820] 14-2-4 (= MFA 14.1187.3); fragment top middle: [G 4833 B] 14-2-3 (= MFA 14.1185); fragments at right: [SE of G 4830, originally from G 5230] 14-2-2 (top fragment of inscribed back support) + [N of G 4820, originally from G 5230] 14-2-4 (other joining fragments of inscribed back support) (back support = part of MFA 24.603); fragments middle: 14-2-4 (= MFA 14.1187.2); fragments bottom left: [N of G 4820, originally from G 5230] 14-2-4 (portion of base and lower leg = part of MFA 24.603) (rephotograph of A2055)
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 5230
- MFA 24.603 reconstructed alabaster statue of Khunmbaef (Babaef): including fragments from 14-2-2 = one fragment (top of inscribed back support) + 14-2-4 = multiple fragments (body, base, and back support) + 14-3-1 = multiple fragments (head) (reconstructed by William Young and David Dennis, 1939).
- VERIFIED: original photo register entry attributed these unidentified fragments to G 5230; however 14-2-3 now associated with fragments of alabaster royal statue; identifications based on comparison with C5603 and objects themselves; MFA accession numbers verified
- Mohammedani Ibrahim
- Type Photographer
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Expedition photographer.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)