Wadi Cemetery: GW 1, looking S (grave uncovered in trial pit in path of upper dump heap)
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Wadi Cemetery (Reisner; north of W. Cem): Site: Giza; View: GW 1
- January 1904
- Two tombs appear to have been numbered GW 1; one "in trial pit in path of upper dump heap" with burial excavated in January 1904 (the exact location of which is unknown), one small mud and rough stone mastaba, apparently with burial unexcavated, that appears with wood marker numbered "1" in photos of eastern edge of wadi cemetery.
- margin note stating "C10014 through C10028 taken in reverse order to present numbering" is not acurate, photos appear to be numbered out of sequence; GW 001 corrected to read GW 1; view from N changed to looking S
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Photographer
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)