Limestone standing pair statue (two male figures) inscribed for Inkaf from G 1022 (found in space between G 1022 and G 1025) (front): Hearst Museum, Berkeley 6-19782
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 1022
- Pair statue of Hetepib and Setepet (Hearst 6-19781) and pair statue of Inkaf (Hearst 6-19782) found E of G 1022 (between G 1022 and G 1025) (in situ: A10828_OS – A10832_OS, C10240_OS – C10243_OS, C10591_OS, C13270-01A_OS). Offering basin inscribed for Hetepib, dedicated by his son Inkaf (Hearst 6-19761) found in disturbed context at S end of G 1032 (in situ: C10244_OS, C10245_OS, C133056-01_OS; this would appear to be pit A, see cemetery area plan EG000500). Reisner originally (tentatively) attributed the offering basin to G 1022 (GN2_K01_ChapIX_p083), probably based on the findspot of the two pair statues. Reisner later revised his opinion and attributed the two pair statues to G 1032 (GN3_L04_p062), despite the fact that G 1022 is the primary mastaba with G 1032 built (abutting N end of G 1022) at a later date, that the statues were found in "the debris of the chapel of G 1022" (GN3_L03_p023, GN3_L04_p006), and that the offering basin was not in situ in G 1032. It seems more likely that all of the inscribed material (statues, offering basin) originated in G 1022 chapel. Limestone standing pair statue (Hearst 6-19782) incorrectly attributed to G 1032 with name incorrectly spelled Iunkaf in Porter-Moss III, p. 54.
- VERIFIED: orientation and identification verified; statue not registered (no registration records for 1903-1904-1905-1906); Hearst number verified
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Photographer
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)