[One of] fifty [or fifty-one?] pottery [flat bottomed shoulder jars] of practically similar shape, [Type B XIX]; ordinary brown ware (black interior), outside red, black speckled, red polish varying in dullness; two partly filled with mouse bones; majority in fragments, incomplete, accompanied by many fragments: t) almost-globular shoulder jar with slightly everted direct rim, short neck, and flat base; reconstructed from sherds. Most of base and rim largely intact, but missing much of the body. Illustration: Yes. Illustration scale: 1:2
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 4733 E
- Overall: Height: 10.2 - 14.6 cm Diameter: 9.7 - 11.4 cm t) Rim diameter: 5.7 cm; Base diameter: 5.8 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts excavation number
- Object Ownership Information
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Date of Register Entry
- 02/27/1914 - 03/01/1914
- Object register entry lists 50 jars, mostly in fragments, incomplete; "accompanied by many fragments." One in collection of Peabody Museum, PMAE_5879; five accessioned as MFA 20.1874, MFA 20.1875, MFA 20.1880, MFA 20.2022, MFA 20.2023; forty-five (HUMFA_14-2-121a - HUMFA_14-2-121ss) MFA owned (unaccessioned); 51 jars total (one perhaps assembled from the "many fragments"?).
- Five of fifty flat-bottomed shoulder jars accessioned as MFA 20.1874, MFA 20.1875, MFA 20.1880, MFA 20.2022, MFA 20.2023; forty-five MFA owned (unaccessioned).
- MFA accession numbers verified
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, p. 73 (misidentified as 14-12-121), fig. 93.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)