Fragment of limestone relief (finely-detailed raised relief), including portion of horizontal band of hieroglyphs, separated by vertical line, and portion of horizontal band below; hieroglyphs include four fingers of hand (?) or portion of bird wing (?) at top to right of vertical line, and "ayin" sign at bottom to left of line above horizontal band; joins MFA 34.1468b.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Mastaba G 7510, chapel
- Height: 88.5 cm (34 13/16 in.) Other: 21.9 x 18 x 19 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, reign of Khufu - reign of Khafre
- Date of Register Entry
- about 2551–2494 B.C.
- Ankh-haf (G 7510)
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1925: Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
- MFA 34.1468 (overall): group of six fragments of fine low relief, belonging to very fragmentary scene of procession of personified estates above projecting ledge of stone, on face of which is wide horizontal band of hieroglyphs giving name and titles of Ankh-haf. 25-5-53 (= MFA 34.1468a) + 25-5-54 (= MFA 34.1468b) + 25-5-55 (= MFA 34.1468c) + three unregistered fragments (= MFA 34.1468d + MFA 34.1468e + MFA 34.1468f).
Flentye, Laurel. "The Mastabas of Ankh-haf (G 7510) and Akhethetep and Meretites (G 7650) in the Eastern Cemetery at Giza: A Reassessment." In Zahi Hawass and Janet Richards, eds. The Archaeology and Art of Ancient Egypt. Essays in Honor of David B. O'Connor, Vol. I. Annales du Service des Antiquités de l'Égypte, Cahier no. 36. Cairo: Supreme Council of Antiquities, 2007, pp. 299, 300, 304, note 5.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7510. Husband of Hetepheres.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)