Headless limestone statue, about one-half life-sized standing figure of [GLYPHS] Minnefer; figure standing left foot advanced, narrow support on back, arms hanging down at sides, hands closed holding handkerchief, wears [kilt] only (no apron) held by belt with belt buckle and tie and four pendant strings of painted beads, body painted brown, [kilt] white, base black, back support painted to imitate red granite, inscribed in three short horizontal lines on base in front of right foot (beside advanced left foot); broken in two pieces through knees and small fragment of right knee broken out, top of back support and head gone, otherwise complete. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Mastaba G 2421, serdab, second statue from N in row along W wall facing E (four statues of Min-nefer standing in row in serdab along W wall, facing E, smallest on N, largest on S, all but smallest incomplete, missing parts never found)
- Height: 62+ cm Width: shoulders: 22 cm Length: base: 30 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 37.639
- Date of Register Entry
- Minnefer (G 2421)
- MFA accession number verified
Reisner, George A. "Note on Objects Assigned to the Museum by the Egyptian Government." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 36, No. 214 (April 1938), p. 28, fig. 3.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 2421. Four limestone standing statues (36-5-40 = MFA 37.637 deaccessioned = Cleveland 1948.420, 36-5-41 = MFA 37.639, 36-5-42, 36-5-43 = MFA 37.2740) inscribed for Minnefer, identified on all as [sHD xntjw-S pr-aA] inspector of palace attendants of the Great House; all found in situ in G 2421 serdab (incorrectly attributed to G 2427 in Porter-Moss III, p. 94). Limestone lintel (36-5-67) inscribed for Minnefer and his wife Hekenu; Minnefer identified as [jmj-r wpwt xntjw-S pr-aA rx nswt Hrj-sStA sHD xntjw-S pr-aA] overseer of commissions of palace attendants of the Great House, royal acquaintance, secretary, inspector of palace attendants of the Great House; found displaced in G 2421. Limestone offering basin (12-11-54) inscribed for Minnefer, identified as [jmj-r st xntjw-S pr-aA xrp aH(?) Hrj-sStA n nb=f sHD xntjw-S pr-aA] overseer of the department of palace attendants of the Great House, director of the palace(?), secretary of his lord, inspector of palace attendants of the Great House; found in test hole north of G 2375 (G 2399), probably originally from G 2421.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)