White limestone obelisk inscribed for Ihy; inscribed on one face. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs. Illustration scale: 1:10
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Freestanding stelae and obelisks
- Mastaba G 5221, chapel debris, [originally from G 5330]
- Height: 64.6 cm; peak: 22.6 cm Width: 19.6 cm x 14.4 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 21.958
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 6
- Date of Register Entry
- Mentioned in entry
- Ihy (G 5330)
- MFA accession number verified
Sanborn, Ashton. "Recent Acquisitions from Egypt. New Installation of the Primitive and Old Empire Rooms." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 20, No. 11 (April 1922), p. 27, unnumbered fig.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 5330. False door inscribed for Ihy, identified as [Xrj-tp nswt jmj-r wpwt] royal chamberlain, overseer of commissions; in situ in G 5330. Two obelisks inscribed for Ihy (Berlin 1146, 14-11-158 = MFA 21.958); one found to left of false door (removed by Lepsius), other found in G 5221 chapel debris (behind G 5330).
- Type Mentioned in entry
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Expedition worker at Giza.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)