Object register page:
Head fragment of small faience amulet of Ptah[-Sokar in form of dwarf (Pataikos)]; soft white paste, light blue glaze, ring at back of head for suspension.
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Jewelry & adornment-Amulets and pendants
- Avenue G 4, debris
- Height: 1.25+ cm
Width: 1.15 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Date of Register Entry
- This amulet represents Pataikos, a popular protective deity, amulets of whom were believed to ward off threats to the wearer. He is usually depicted as a nude dwarf with a bald head, often wielding a pair of knives.