- Documentation-Maps and plans
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pencil/black ink
- Mentioned on page
- Sabuptah Ibebi (G 2386/G 2381)
- G 2381 C, probable burial of Sabuptah Ibebi, possible owner of one of two stone built chapels G 2386a or G 2386b.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Possible owner of one of two stone built chapels G 2386a or G 2386b, probably buried in sloping-passage shaft G 2381 C. Sabuptah, [rn=f nfr] his good name Ibebi. Son ([sA=f] his son) of Merptahankh-meryre Nekhebu (owner of G 2381); brother of Merptahankh-meryre Ptahshepses Impy and Tjemat. Appears in chapel relief possibly from G 2386: two blocks of relief (13-1-556o = MFA 13.4345) depicting portions of three registers of standing male figures (facing right) separated by vertical panels of inscription naming Sabuptah Ibebi, identified as [jmj-r sS prwj sm xrp SnDt nbt smr watj Xrj-Hb xtmw bjtj HAtj-a jmj-r njwt...] overseer of the fowling pond of the two houses, sem-priest, director of every kilt, sole companion, lector-priest, sealer of the king of Lower Egypt, count, overseer of the pyramid town of...; two related fragments (13-1-558dd = MFA 13.5951, MFA 13.5979) depicting portions of male figures wearing long kilts; blocks of relief found displaced in Senedjemib Complex court (G 2382). Also appears in chapel relief in G 2381: scene (13-1-549 = MFA 13.4331) from wall adjoining autobiographical inscription (13-1-547) depicting Nekhebu spear fishing, standing male figure of Sabuptah Ibebi (facing right, on two blocks MFA 13.4331.21 + MFA 13.4331.22) behind figure of Nekhebu, identified as [Xrj-Hb sS pr-mDAT nTr] lector-priest, scribe of the library of the god; blocks of relief found displaced in Senedjemib Complex court (G 2382). Alabaster headrest (12-12-581 = MFA 13.2925) inscribed for Sabuptah Ibebi, identified as [smr watj Xrj-tp nswt mDH nswt qdw m prwj] sole companion, royal chamberlain, royal architect in the two houses; found in burial of Impy in G 2381 A. Wood coffin (12-12-575 = MFA 13.3085) mainly inscribed for Impy, but with short inscription of Ibebi, identified as [smr watj Xrj-Hb mDH nswt qdw m prwj] sole companion, lector-priest, royal architect in the two houses; found in situ in G 2381 A.
Subjects: Maps and plans: G 2381, Shaft C
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)