microfilm: begin page 1245
Friday, March 31, 1933
Eighty-second day of work, sixteenth of reduction
6:30 - 4:30
(1) G 2357 east of
(1) East of G 2357
Clearing area of surface debris. Uncovered part of the rubble wall which runs parallel to and outside the pyramid boundary wall. Found pits: G 2357 W, X, Y, Z [= G 5561 W, X, Y, Z].
Saturday, April 1, 1933
Eighty-third day of work, seventeenth of reduction
6:30 - 4:30
(1) G 2357 X, Y, Z [= G 5561]
(1) G 2357
G 2357 X [= G 5561 X]: Mud-brick and rubble, and rock-cut. Depth 3.50 meters. Chamber on west, open. Remains of broken wooden coffin, with part of inscription on one board. Found in pit debris: limestone jar lid.
G 2357 Y [= G 5561 Y]: Mud-brick and rubble pit. Down 1.20 meters.
G 2357 Z [= G 5561 Z]: Mud-brick and rubble pit. Depth 1.45 meters. Chamber on west, open. Found in debris: potsherds. Cleared.
Sunday, April 2, 1933
Eighty-fourth day of work, eighteenth of reduction
6:30 - 4:30
(1) G 2347 A [= G 5551]
(2) G 2357 W, X, Y [= G 5561]
(1) G 2347
G 2347 A [= G 5551 A]: Opened door-blocking. Rock-cut coffin, with lid of two slabs, cemented in position.
(2) G 2357
G 2357 W [= G 5561 W]: Rubble and mud-brick, and rock-cut. Down 2.70 meters.
G 2357 X [= G 5561 X]: In chamber. Cleared.
G 2357 Y [= G 5561 Y]: Depth 2.60 meters. Chamber on north, open.
Monday, April 3, 1933
Eighty-fifth day of work, nineteenth of reduction
On May 20th, George Andrew Reisner returned from town after his second operation for cataract (detached retina) ESP
microfilm: end page 1245
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/31/1933; 04/01/1933; 04/02/1933; 04/03/1933
- Mentioned on page
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)