- Giza 3D
- My Giza
microfilm: begin page 252
Saturday, February 21, 1925 (continued)
(2) Avenue G 0, in cement block of G 7000 X (continued)
seen clear of obstruction and covered with a beautiful layer of white cement [= plaster // GAR]. Between courses 3 and 4 there was a good deal of dry black dust evidently trickled down through the block from above. The half-course at the south was called 3a and was intended to compensate for the slope in courses 1-3 so that 4 might be laid horizontally. Courses 4 and 5 were both covered with layers of cement [= plaster // GAR] very perfect, 5 being absolutely intact. Work ceased at about 4:50 with course 5 still exposed with its cement [= plaster // GAR] removed. It is now clear that this is the approach to an undisturbed tomb or cache of the Old Kingdom. Four steps are now visible and at the south end of the cutting the top of the door can just be felt with a stick below this course (5). [Photo references: Course 2 - B5634, looking south; B3635, looking east. Course 3 - B5636, looking south; B5637, looking south; C10908, looking south. Course 3a - C10909, looking south. Course 4 - B5638, plaster, looking south; B5639, masonry, looking south. Course 5 - C10910, looking south. // GAR]
(3) G 7102
G 7102 C: The lid of the stone coffin of Iduw [Idu] having been removed today the inscription inside giving his name and titles was copied.
Work on the sides of the Great Pyramid has now ceased as the desired aims have been reached.
Sunday, February 22, 1925
102nd day of work
Line VI 6:40 am - 8:00 am: 88, 8:30 am - noon: 280, 1:00 pm - 5:15 pm: 255
(1) Street G 7500
(2) G 7000 X
(1) Street G 7500
A small crude brick mastaba containing several pits, a long north-south chamber with roofing slabs at south and an inscribed stela in position the whole of which was later covered with mud and reused for a late burial in a wooden coffin, has been found north of G 7517. It has been named G 7521. At the south end of the chapel is perhaps a second stela under this later mud. This chapel was lined with limestone slabs. The inscribed fragment drawn overleaf [25-2-922] came from the north end of this chapel.
microfilm: end page 252