microfilm: begin page 80
Wednesday, December 16, 1925 (continued)
(1) G 6022 "boundary stelae" (continued)
about three-fourth the length of G 6021, but the parapets seem to be missing. This inclined ramp I suppose to have been used for the actual burial procession in G 6040 (or burials). As I see it at present, it would not have reached the top at the southwest corner but must have turned and come onto the top of G 6040 from the south. The exact place will require careful calculation from the rise of the floor. When this ramp had gone out of use (with the burial of Shepseskafanhk) the mastaba G 6021 was constructed utilizing part of the ramp for its core, adding an addition on the west for three pits and curving the ramp to get a level top to the mastaba. Therefore G 6021 is later than G 6040.
This ramp was too narrow to have served for a construction plane, and the parapets are much too weak. The width of the top of the ramp is the same all the way up being 33 + 105 + 33 = 171 cm. But owing to the constant batter the base of the ramp widens as the top rises.
It was probably made from the materials of a construction ramp and may possibly have utilized part of such a ramp.
See also 4) causeway, below.
microfilm: end page 80
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Shepseskafankh (G 6040)
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Owner of G 6040.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)