microfilm: begin page 5
Thursday, November 19, 1925
Second day of work.
Weather was threatening all day. A shower fell at close of work. About 6 p.m. it began to rain heavily with the usual accumulation of water in the courtyard, damage to mud floors in the roads, etc. The water torrent in the wady south of the third pyramid roared like a cataract and about 1 a.m. in the night the torrent in the great wady north of us came down like a river for several hours.
(1) pit G 6010 A
(2) pit G 6020 A
(3) G 6020 room a
(4) G 6030 room a
(5) front of G 6020, G 6030, G 6040
(6) G 6041
(1) G 6010
G 6010 A: Continued clearing pit A which is now down 8 meters. The debris is still drift sand.
(2) G 6020
G 6020 A: Continued search for pit in G 6020, and found it at a little south of middle. The thieves had broken away the north retaining wall of pit and the pit was filled with sand. We did not however reach the bottom of the masonry owing to the precarious state of the mastaba filling. The filling must be cleared out before we can proceed.
Nevertheless the mastaba probably has a sloping passage on east leading to another burial chamber (see 4 below)
(3) G 6020
G 6020 room a: Entering south doorway in front of G 6020 and G 6030 began clearing room G 6020 a. Doorway see L.D. Eg. I page 40, east wall - L.D. II 49a, south wall - L.D. II 49b, west wall - L.D. 50b, north wall - L.D. II 50a. Painted reliefs. Debris - ca. 150 cm of old drift sand in this about 15 cm of dirty blown dust, newspapers, etc.
microfilm: end page 5
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)