microfilm: begin page 258
Sunday, March 21, 1926 (continued)
(5) G 7140 [G 7135]
G 7140 Y [= G 7135]: Down 10.2 meters. Debris as before. Working pulley, throwing dirt in G 7130 Y.
G 7140 Z [= G 7135]: Down 8.5 meters. Debris as before. Dirt into G 7130 Y.
(6) G 7240
Clearing top of G 7240 south of pit i. Exposed irregular packing but no trace of pit.
(7) G 7240-i
Pit i (Saite): Down __ meters. Exposed chamber on west, and began clearing it of dirty thieves debris.
Monday, March 22, 1926
One hundred and sixth day of work.
Another bad day, south wind.
(1) G 7000 X
(2) street G 7100 S
(3) G 7140 Y, Z [= G 7135]
(4) Saite-Ptolemaic G 7141, and G 7141-i
(5) G 7240-i
Line VII to 8:00 am: 55, 8:30 to noon: 130, 1:00 to 5:00 pm: 125
(1) G 7000 X
Removed [Nos.] 267a, b, c and 268 (1)-(22)
No. 267: Decayed wood of inlaid wing. Removed this and exposed crumbled plaster of lower inlays, removed crumbled plaster with wet brush, exposed backs of inlays.
*B5923: backs of inlays (face down)
Dows Dunham drew plan.
Removed and set together 268 (1)-(22), part of wing.
microfilm: end page 258
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/21/1926; 03/22/1926
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)