microfilm: begin page 336
Friday, June 5, 1936 (continued)
(1) G 2421 (continued)
Drawing of G 2421 A
Saturday, June 6, 1936
(1) G 2421 B, C, D, E, X, Y
(1) G 2421
G 2421 B: In shaft. Total depth 4.75 meters, limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber II appears on east: cut in rock, blocked with two stones and some dubsh and bound with mud. Reached the rock in shaft. Chamber II blocking left for photo.
G 2421 C: In shaft and chamber. It is north of B and west of D. Lined with dubsh above and underneath one course of stone above the rock. Total depth 3.70 meters, sand above and underneath limestone debris and black debris. Chamber on north lined with dubsh and bound with mud. Roofed with stones. A coffin in the chamber lined with stones and dubsh without lid. No blocking. Found in debris: bones [36-6-7]. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 336
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 06/05/1936; 06/06/1936
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)