microfilm: begin page 61
Friday, June 7, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 1156a (continued)
Drawing of G 1156a A
G 1156a B: Removed the body [35-6-6] from chamber. Cleared. Drawing.
(3) G 1157
G 1157 X: Removed chamber blocking. Small stones and mud bound. Body [35-6-8] head on north. Body left for photo.
Saturday, June 8, 1935
(1) G 1119 B
(2) G 1156a C
(3) G 1157 X
(1) G 1119
On top of the mastaba. On east and west. It is north of G 1118. The casing lined with stones, some gone. The mastaba lined with dubsh. Drift sand and underneath papers. Exposed six shafts: A, B, C, D, E, F.
G 1119 B: In shaft. It is north of shaft A and east of shaft E. Lined dubsh above and rock below. Total depth 2.25 meters. Drift sand and underneath papers. Two chambers appear.
Chamber I. On west. Lined with dubsh. No blocking. The roof gone. It is broken into shaft E. Excavated before. Empty.
Chamber II. On east. Cut in rock. Blocked with dubsh and bound with mud. Reached the rock in shaft. Chamber II blocking left for photo.
Drawing of the mastabas on page 62.
(2) G 1156a
G 1156a C: Removed the body [35-6-7] from the chamber. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 61
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 06/07/1935; 06/08/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)