microfilm: begin page 106
Sunday, August 25, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 5332 (continued)
G 5332 B: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones, dubsh and mud brick. It is north of A. Total depth 3.1 meters. Excavated before 2.25 meters. Sand, papers and limestone debris. Chamber on north lined with stones and dubsh. Roofed with stones. No blocking. Cleared on the rock. Open and empty. Drawing.
G 5332 C: In shaft. Lined with stones. It is WN [west north?] of B. It is numbered before 806. Total depth 1.3 meters. Excavated before 1.1 meters. Sand and limestone debris. Cleared on limestone debris floor. No chamber.
G 5332 D: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones. It is west of C. It is numbered before 699. Total depth 2.5 meters. Excavated before 1.55 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and papers. Chamber on south lined with dubsh. Roofed with stones. No blocking. Found in chamber debris: fragment of limestone inscribed. Very small fragment limestone inscribed with some small inscription. Skeleton. Cleared on rock. Drawing of the shaft and the two inscribed stones.
G 5332 E: In shaft. Lined with dubsh and stones. It is north of C. It is numbered before 798. Down 1.7 meters. Excavated before 1.4 meters. Sand, limestone debris, papers and dubsh. Not reached the rock in shaft. Not reached the chamber.
G 5332 F: In shaft. Lined with dubsh and stones. On east lined with mud brick. It is north of D. It is numbered before 800. Total depth 2.35 meters. Excavated before 1.8 meters. Sand, papers and limestone debris. Cleared on rock. No chamber.
microfilm: end page 106
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)