microfilm: begin page 30
Thursday, March 28, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 4410 (continued)
G 4410 A (continued): And also the rock of the chamber. Total depth 15.3 meters. Excavated before 14 meters. Sand, dubsh, red debris, stones and papers. Chamber on south cut in rock. Blocked with stones and dubsh and bound with mud half of it gone from above. Limestone coffin appears without inscriptions. The lid is not in [its] place. Reached the rock in shaft and some debris is in.
Friday, March 29, 1935
(1) G 4410 A
(2) G 4510 A
(1) G 4410
G 4410 A: In shaft. Sand, red debris and papers. Cleared for drawing. Drawing.
(2) G 4510
G 4510 A: Lined with stones and rock below. Total depth 7.85 meters. Excavated before 6.6 meters. Drift sand and limestone debris. Chamber on south cut in rock. It was blocked with stones because we found some of the blocking stones. Cleared for drawing. Drawing on page 31.
microfilm: end page 30
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/28/1935; 03/29/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)