microfilm: begin page 146
Sunday, October 13, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 2188 (continued)
Drawing of shaft G 2188 C
G 2188 X: In shaft. It is north of B and west of C and D. Lined with stones and dubsh. Total depth 1.25 meters. Limestone debris, black debris and papers. Chamber on south lined with stones on east. Roofed with five stones. On west the building of G 2187 lined with dubsh and bound with mud. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2188 Y: In shaft. It is north of C and D. It is on the north side of the mastaba. Lined with stones. Some building gone. Total depth 1.3 meters. Limestone debris, sand and dubsh. Chamber on north lined with stones and roofed with three stones. No blocking. On the WS [west south?] side of the building of the chamber we found inscribed limestone fragment [35-10-22] outside of the chamber the same as a lintel stone.
The Mudir told us that this stone very important and we must remove it to the Camp after having photographed. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 146
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Abutiu (in G 2188)
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Junker, Hermann. Gîza 7. Der Ostabschnitt des Westfriedhofs, Erster Teil. Bericht über die von der Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien auf gemeinsame Kosten mit Dr. Wilhelm Pelizaeus unternommenen Grabungen auf dem Friedhof des Alten Reiches bei den Pyramiden von Giza. Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien Philosophisch-historische Klasse Denkschriften 72, Abhandlung 3. Vienna & Leipzig: Hölder-Pichler-Tempsky, 1943.
- Date: 1944
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)