microfilm: begin page 140
Sunday, October 6, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 2357 (continued)
G 2357 Y [= G 5561 Y]: In shaft and chamber. It is north of X, and south of Z. Lined with dubsh above and mud brick below. Total depth 2.7 meters. Limestone debris and black debris. Chamber on north cut in rock. No blocking. Found in chamber debris: head and bones of a body. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2357 Z [= G 5561 Z]: In shaft and chamber. It is north of Y. Lined with stones above and rock below. Total depth 1.4 meters. Chamber on west lined with mud brick. The door lintel and the roof lined with stones. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
Monday, October 7, 1935
(1) G 2357 U, V, P, Q, R, S, T [= G 5561]
(1) G 2357
G 2357 U [= G 5561 U]: In shaft and chamber. It is at the very end of the mastaba on southwest side. It is south of W. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. Total depth 4.6 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh, black debris and sand. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. A coffin cut in rock from north to south without lid appears in the chamber. Found in chamber debris: some bones of a body. Cleared. Drawing on page 141.
G 2357 V [= G 5561 V]: In shaft. It is north of W and south of X. Lined with dubsh. On south lined with mud brick between this shaft and shaft W. Total depth 2.3 meters. Dubsh, black debris and limestone debris. Chamber on north lined with stones, dubsh and mud brick. Roofed with three stones. No blacking. A coffin cut in rock from north to south without lid appears in chamber. Cleared. Drawing on page 141.
microfilm: end page 140
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/06/1935; 10/07/1935
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)