microfilm: begin page 187
Sunday, November 24, 1935 (continued)
(2) G 4815 (continued)
Drawing of G 4815 X
(3) G 4816
G 4816 A: In shaft and chamber I. It is the first shaft of the mastaba on north. North of B and south of G 4815 X. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. East of this shaft we found a limestone stela not inscribed. Down 4.3 meters. Excavated before 3.2 meters. Black debris potsherds and stones. Chamber I appears on west. Cut in rock. No blocking. Body appears in chamber I, head on north, left for photo. Not reached the rock in shaft.
G 4816 B: In shaft. It is south of A and north of C. Lined with dubsh. Total depth 2.4 meters. Excavated before 1.6 meters. Drift sand. Ended at rock. No chamber. Drawing.
G 4816 C: In shaft. It is south of B and north of D. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. Total depth 2.75 meters. Excavated before 2 meters. Drift sand. Ended at rock. No chamber. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 187
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)