microfilm: begin page 289
Sunday, April 5, 1936 (continued)
(1) G 2009 (continued)
G 2009 X: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones in the room of the mastaba, east of B and west of Y. Total depth 1.85 meters. Excavated before 70 cm. Drift sand. Chamber on south, in the room, lined with stones and some mud brick. Roofed with stones. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2009 Y: In shaft and chamber. It is small shaft. Lined with stones, and partly destroyed on south. Total depth 95 cm. Stones, dubsh and sand. Chamber on south. Lined with mud brick. Roof gone. No blocking. Cleared.
G 2009 serdab: In the serdab. Lined with stones. South of A. Total height 1.3 meters excavated before 50 cm. Drift sand and dubsh. Cleared. Drawing
Found in room underneath the stela which [is] east [of] the serdab: big complete dish (pottery).
(2) G 2011
G 2011 C: In shaft. White limestone debris. Total depth 5.6 meters. Chamber II appear[s], on west, cut in rock, blocked with dubsh without bound. Partly destroyed above. Chamber II blocking left for photo.
G 2011 X: Removed the body from chamber II and cleared it. Found in debris: sandstone with green copper. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 289
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)