microfilm: begin page 281
Monday, March 30, 1936 (continued)
(2) G 2005
G 2005 H: Removed the body from the chamber. Cleared the chamber, sand. In chamber appears shaft H of G 2005. Cleared. Drawing. [ILLUSTRATION] Stopped excavated shaft H.H. which appears in chamber of shaft H, for drawing and photo, and to removed it after photo [sentence - ?].
(3) G 2006
G 2006 A: Removed the lid of the coffin from the chamber. Body, head on north. Removed the objects - bell censer and lid (copper) [36-3-59], four sealed intact jars with pointed bottoms [36-3-60, 36-3-61, 36-3-62, 36-3-63], fragments of wood (decayed). Body left for photo.
(4) G 2007
G 2007 X: Removed the body from the chamber and cleared it. Drawing.
(5) G 2008
G 2008 Y: Removed the roof of the chamber, stones, dubsh and mud bound. Appear[s] in chamber which is in shaft - body, head on west (broken), and fragments of wood (decayed). On east near its leg appears two fragments of copper. Body left for photo.
(6) G 2011
G 2011 B: In shaft. Down 4.1 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and pebble. Chamber on east, cut in rock, blocked with two slabs and fragments of uninscribed stela and underneath dubsh bound with mud. Blocking left for photo.
G 2011 C: Removed the blocking of the small chamber on west. Dubsh, mud bound and underneath limestone debris and pebble. Body, head on north, left for photo.
G 2011 D: In shaft. Total depth 4.55 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh, pebble and sand. Found in shaft debris: small limestone fragment of deep bowl inscribed (sunk relief). Ended at rock. No chamber.
microfilm: end page 281
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Junker, Hermann. Gîza 9. Das Mittelfeld des Westfriedhofs. Bericht über die von der Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien auf gemeinsame Kosten mit Dr. Wilhelm Pelizaeus unternommenen Grabungen auf dem Friedhof des Alten Reiches bei den Pyramiden von Giza. Akademie der Wissenschaften in Wien Philosophisch-historische Klasse Denkschriften 73, Abhandlung 2. Vienna: Rudolph M. Rohrer, 1950.
- Date: 1950
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)