microfilm: begin page 42
Wednesday, February 21, 1912 (continued)
party stayed to dinner and left about 9 o'clock.
Thursday, February 22, 1912
Went to museum with Mr. Frick. Attended to necessary shopping. Work went on in the excavation as usual.
Friday, February 23, 1912
Mrs. Frick visited the excavations and stayed to dinner. Work as usual.
Saturday, February 24, 1912
Mr. Frick and his party left on the 9:45 for Alexandria. I went to the station to see them off.
The men in the deep pit in the big mastaba (Lepsius 23 = G 2000) are down 33 meters and have struck limestone chips. The entrance to the chamber is not yet visible. In the debris they have three fragments of worked stone. One of these is the corner of the headdress of a royal statue of hard slate. [ILLUSTRATION in handwritten diary] about half life-size.
The Bishop of London and party came by appointment to see the work.
Sunday, February 25, 1912
Clearing space south of IX 5 [= G 2184].
[NB: tomb numbers in this illustration vary from same area illustrated on page 45: a2 = a1, a3 = a2, b2 = b1, b3 = b2]
Mastabas a2 [= G 2140], a3 [= G 2150] and c [= G 2180] appear not to have been
microfilm: end page 42
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 02/21/1912; 02/22/1912; 02/23/1912; 02/24/1912; 02/25/1912
- Mentioned on page
- Bishop of London
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry Clay Frick
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Visitor
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)