microfilm: begin page 847
Wednesday, December 27, 1939 (continued)
(2) G 5222
A partly destroyed stone mastaba. It is south of G 5221 and north of G 5223. One shaft mastaba. Shaft A. Sketch of mastaba.
G 5222 A: In shaft. Lined above with rubble. Lining wholly destroyed on west, east and south, and cut in bad and good rock below. Total depth 4.35 meters. Limestone debris, rubble and sand. No chamber. Type 7 X.
(3) East of G 5330
In cutting trenches, search for a rock cut tomb. White limestone debris, and dirty debris. We said before that we found a rubble lining running from east to west, but today we exposed that there is a face on east for that lining running north-south. Not yet exactly exposed.
(4) G 5334
G 5334 C: In shaft and chamber. Ends at rock. Lined with rubble. It is north of D and south of B. Total depth 5.8 meters. Excavated before 4 meters. Sand, dirty debris, limestone debris and drift papers. Chamber on east. Built of rubble and roofed with slabs. No blocking. A stone built coffin running from north-south with lid displaced (on east side of the chamber). Cleared. Drawing.
G 5334 D: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with rubble and cut in rock below. It is south of C. total depth 6. 35 meters. Excavated before 5. 4 meters. Sand, limestone debris, rubble and drift papers. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing of shaft on page 848.
microfilm: end page 847
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)