microfilm: begin page 959
Monday, April 15, 1940 (continued)
(5) G 2475
G 2475 A: In chamber, limestone debris, rubble and dirty debris. Cleared. Empty. Drawing.
(6) G 2476
G 2476 C: In shaft. That shaft is descended and cut in rock underneath the rubble lining which discovered yesterday. On east it descends ca. 1.2 meters, and then widened to the east. Total depth 3.8 meters, limestone debris, rubble and dirty debris. Chamber on south blocked with stones and rubble and bound with gypsum, left for photo.
G 2476 D: In shaft, down __ meters, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber in shaft roofed with slabs and bound with traces of mud, left for photo.
G 2476 E: In shaft. Ends at rock. Lined with rubble. It is north of D and west of F. Total depth 1.8 meters. Sand, limestone debris and dirty debris. Ends at rock. No chamber. Type 7x.
G 2476 F: In shaft. Ends at rock. Line with rubble. It is east of E and north of X. Total depth 1.4 meters, sand, limestone debris and dirty debris. Ends at rock. No chamber. Type 7X.
G 2476 X: In shaft and chamber. Ends at rock. Lined with masonry. It is in the floor of the mastaba. East of D and south of F. Total depth 1.4 meters, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on south built of masonry and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
(7) G 2476a
G 2476a A: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with rubble. Only on west with masonry (G 2476 mastaba) and cut in bad rock below. It is south of B. Total depth 1.3 meters, sand, limestone debris, rubble and dirty debris. Chamber on north built of masonry, only on east with rubble. Roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing on page 960.
G 2476a B: In shaft and chamber. Lined with masonry on north and west, on east with rubble and south lining destroyed. It is north of A and built above the chamber of A. Total depth 80 cm, sand, limestone debris and rubble. Reached the roof of shaft A and no other chamber.
microfilm: end page 959
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)